Gain new knowledge and skills in finance and develop strategies for building a resilient organization.
Finally there is a nonprofit finance program tailored specifically for nonprofit leaders! ECVO is excited to partner with Goodcasting to offer a program designed specifically for nonprofit CEO’s, Executive Directors and Directors of Finance to gain knowledge and skills in finance and develop strategies for building resilient organizations.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to elevate your skills!
Over the course of 6 weeks, you will develop the confidence and skills to:
- Understand all of the finance terms, roles, responsibilities
- Understand how to read and analyze financial statements
- Learn about the different financial statement presentation methods
- Learn how to analyze and optimize the organization’s business model
- Develop financial strategies to strengthen organizational resilience
- Learn how to integrate strategy WITH finance to strengthen the organization, department and/or programs and so much more...
WHAT IS COVERED?
- 6-week online self-paced course
- 3 Modules and 20 lessons
- Lessons consist of a series of short videos that are released each week of the 6 weeks
- Modules include 23 takeaway tools such as templates, guides and checklists
- 7 weekly live online coaching and Q&A sessions
- 2 one-on-one coaching sessions with Betty Ferreira FCPA, FCMA
- You can take the course anytime and anywhere – all you need is an internet connection
- At the end of the 6-week course you enter into the Finance Thrive Community and receive 10 additional months of support and learning. Each month will include events every Friday including live webinars with key speakers, Ask an Expert sessions and practice sessions on timely topics and themes.
Module 1: Foundation in Finance
Module 2: Financial Statement and Analysis and Business Model Analysis
- Learn about the Governance Finance responsibilities including the role of the finance and audit committees
- Learn the role of the CEO / Executive Director in finance
- Learn about the audit, the role of the auditor and the type of communications from the auditor
- Learn about automating bookkeeping and accounting functions
- Learn about the Accounting Standards for Nonprofit Organizations including accounting terms and audited financial statement presentation methods
- Learn how to read and understand financial statements
- Learn best practices in internal financial statements
Module 3: Integrating Strategy with Finance
- Learn how to analyze financial statements
- Learn about the nonprofit business model and how to analyze and optimize it
- Learn best practices in budgeting and costing and the role of the non-finance manager in finance
- Learn best practices in the preparation of the proposed draft annual budget
- Learn about financial ratios and key performance indicators
- Learn how to conduct a deep dive trend analysis comparing revenue, expenses, surpluses, net assets over 3 years
- Learn how to write a financial narrative
- Learn how to integrate finance with the strategic planning and annual budgeting process
- Learn how to use hindsight, insight and foresight in risk mitigation
- Learn how to develop a plan for reserves
- Learn how to develop a financial plan for the organization
Apply today for the last cohort of 2021, starting November 5. Tuition is $2,350 plus tax.
ECVO Members who register for the Finance Masterclass will automatically receive a $50 credit to any upcoming ECVO program or event!
SAVE AS MUCH AS TWO-THIRDS ON THE REGISTRATION FEE WITH THE CANADA-ALBERTA JOB GRANT
The Finance Masterclass for Nonprofit Leaders is eligible for the Canada-Alberta Job Grant, which can cover as much as 2/3 of your registration fee!
CAJG applications must be submitted to the Government of Alberta prior to the start of the course. However, we recommend submitting your CAJG application at least 30 days prior to the start of the course to allow for any application processing clarification.
Meet Betty Ferreira FCPA, FCMA - Finance Masterclass Instructor
Betty Ferreira is the Founder and Strategic Advisor for Goodcasting Academy and Goodcasting (formerly of ReStructure Consulting). With over 28 years’ of experience inspiring the future of good, Betty has helped government, corporations and nonprofit organizations adopt business models, values and mindsets to build organizational resilience.
Betty provides speaking, training and consulting services for social purpose initiatives in the areas of financial and strategic transformation, business model transformation, digital and technological transformation, turnarounds, restructuring and mergers and amalgamations, risk management framework design and analysis.
Betty has produced many of Canada’s nonprofit training programs including several program and speaking engagements with Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario) and was a former member of the Accounting Standards Board of Canada Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee. She received the designation and honour of becoming a Fellow of the FCPA, FCMA in 2018.
Follow Betty on LinkedIn and Twitter!
Apply for November 5th cohort Today!