Take part in a 2.5-hour strategic planning workshop with anti-oppression artist and activist Rania El Mugammar.
This workshop explores practices, strategies and evaluation frameworks to guide boards, leadership teams, and advisory bodies towards measurable, sustainable, and goal-oriented long-term planning with regards to equity, meaningful inclusion and anti-oppressive practices. Community engagement, resource development, talent and consultations are key elements of the workshop. Strategies that create alignment between systems, people, and culture are critical to the process. The workshop will also explore themes related to the language and frameworks of anti-oppression, exploring its interpersonal and institutional manifestations. A variety of reflection and planning exercises and tools are interwoven into the session. The workshop uses a variety of teaching styles and tools to engage a variety of learners.
- Reflect on diagnostic tools for assessing the state of equity within an organization.
- Work to increase competencies to develop a successful and sustainable multi-year equity strategy to advance equity and deep diversity.
- Reflect on policy and practices that foster meaningful inclusion.
- Critique and reflect on case studies related to equity in other organizations.
- Develop a toolkit to assess, evaluate and plan equity measures within an organization.
- Explore frameworks and practices to advise and guide EDIAOAR.
- Work in small groups to reflect on practice questions and implications within the context of their organization.
- Chart preliminary outcomes and next steps.
- Complete diagnostic and strategic planning tools to identify goals, opportunities and priorities.
Rania El Mugammar is a Sudanese Artist, Liberation Educator, Abolitionist, Anti-oppression Consultant , multidisciplinary performer, speaker and published writer. Her work explores reproductive justice, transformative justice & abolition, art as liberation and digital justice.
As a writer, Rania's work explores themes of identity, womanhood, Blackness, flight, exile, migration, belonging, gender, sexuality and beyond. Rania's primary mediums are poetry, spoken word and oral storytelling. She is a published poet, storyteller and playwright. Rania is deeply interested in poetic form and the auditory texture of words as well as the visual/aesthetic impact of language and form.
Rania is an experienced anti-oppression, abolition and liberation educator and consultant who is unflinchingly committed to decolonization and freedom as the ultimate goals of her work. She has worked extensively with contemporary arts institutions, STEM based enterprises, media organizations, educational institutions and community/grassroots spaces. raniawrites.com
ECVO Members: $75
Interested in supporting the non-profit sector by becoming an ECVO member? Click here for more information.
Offline payment options are available for those wishing to pay by cheque. At the end of your registration, simply select Invoice Me and you will be issued an invoice for the event.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please email us at email@example.com.