Combining in-person workshopping with direct professional coaching, Sustainability Champions has a unique approach to helping your organization walk the talk of sustainability.
Non-profit organizations create positive social, environmental and economic impacts for their communities. At the same time, they are expected to be role models whose own staff and operations “walk the talk” in terms of sustainability. This can be a challenge given limited time, support and funding.
ECVO and The Natural Step Canada are excited to offer the 2019 NGO Sustainability Champions Workshop Series, supporting non-profits to build their strategic planning capacity and contribute to a sustainable future.
- Attendees will walk away with a huge boost to their strategic planning skills and armed with a world-class planning framework based on the award-winning approach pioneered by The Natural Step
- At the end of the workshop series, you will have developed a strong sustainability inspired strategic plan to boost your organization's long-term sustainability guided by expert facilitators from The Natural Step Canada.
What Does 'Sustainability' Mean?
While this workshops series aims to empower non-profits to become champions of environmental sustainability, The Natural Step's framework is relevant in any scale and applies universally across numerous fields, including finances, staffing, and operations.
Each Sustainability Champion comes to the series with their own unique opportunities and challenges, and will walk away with an action plan developed from within and tailored to your organization's needs. Sustainability Champions welcomes organizations of all shapes and sizes, and with any mandate.
Are you a good fit to be a Sustainability Champion?
Are you keen to build your knowledge and professional skills in strategic and sustainability planning?
Are you eager to boost your organization's sustainability performance?
Do you enjoy opportunities to connect with peers for forward-thinking dialogue in a co-learning environment?
Anybody can be a Sustainability Champion. If you're eager to learn new techniques and gain insight into sustainability planning, then this workshop series is for you!
- Workshop #1 (March 27-28) is a two-day workshop with the main objectives of building capacity on strategic sustainability planning based on experiential learning, dialogue education and adult learning principles.
- After Workshop #1, participants will be expected to apply the lessons to engage their peers to develop a draft strategic plan. Participants will be supported by one online webinar and a one-hour coaching call from seasoned practitioners. Attendance is required for both.
- Workshop #2 (June 13) is a one-day workshop that will focus on sharing learning and refining the draft plan with the input of peers, and building a forum for ongoing collaboration.
Participants are provided a guidebook that they will apply to their organizations, as well as an eLearning course that they will complete before the first workshop.
How to Apply
There is no registration fee for the workshops, however, to maximize the learning experience there are three criteria for participation:
- A $1,000 commitment fee that is fully refunded based on full participation (i.e. workshops, webinar and coaching call), in addition to submitting a draft plan at the end of the series.
- Two participants from each organization to participate in the workshop series.
- A written letter of support for their participation from the Executive Director.
To maximize learning, this workshop series will have a limit of 8 participating organizations (16 attendees total). Coffee and lunch are provided.
Once you have registered, you will be contacted by Sharon Ruyter (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will provide you with further instructions regarding the refundable deposit, letter of support and other information required to complete the registration.